Monday, May 5, 2008

Nicholas 911

Nicholas is in the terrific two stage. He is so hilarious....such the baby of the family, always doing things for attention. Nicholas is so sweet and loving. But he is busy and sneaky too!

A few months ago, he set off the alarm at Love's apartment (that's Adrian's mother.) He kept hitting the panic switch and neighbors came running to save poor Love. They were relieved to find a house full of children and one guilty little boy! This wasn't the first time Nicholas was in charge of a false alarm! He dialed 911 last year while playing with the phone! The operator called back and I told her it was a false alarm. But she heard Adrian's voice in the back ground. I am sure he was mumbling and grumbling about how irresponsible I was to let a baby play with the phone! But Adrian is just sarcastic and he actually thought it was pretty funny, but the woman heard an angry voice.

Well.....they dispatched a police officer to check on me! The police officer went through my whole house, looking me over for any signs of domestic abuse, I guess. He gave Adrian the evil eye, but left satisfied that the only guilty person was Nicholas! We got a warning that the next false alarm would be $500.00!

Why do I let my babies play with the phone? I should have learned my lesson when Fischer did that when he was about two years old and I hate to admit it, but Mollie has placed an emergency call to 911 her own self!

Well.....yesterday, Jolie was interviewing my 90 year old grandmother, "Mema" at her apartment for a history project, when Nicholas discovered the life call button on her bed. What fun he had pushing the button over and over again! Security came running! The man didn't look too happy as he canceled the ambulance, which was en route, with his radio!

We were so embarrassed, but Mema just took it all in stride saying she was just glad to know that thing works in case she were to ever need it! What a trooper!

Nicholas.....you really are a handful and you wear me out sometimes, but you also make me smile every day! I am lucky to be your mama!

No comments: