Monday, May 5, 2008

Jolie

As fantastic as the preschool years are, watching a girl grow up and emerge into a "real person" is equally amazing! Jolie will be turning 14 this summer and is a rising freshman in high school! I can't believe it! Surely this happened over night seeing as I still think of her as my baby!

Being the first born in a big family is tough sometimes. We expect a lot from Jolie and I have to say she cheerfully complies! Jolie has always been such a great listener and has proved herself to be a very loyal and responsible young lady!

Jolie loves her new status as teenager. She is an all American girl with huge dreams! She is destined to be a star! She has big plans to move to New York for college and dreams of making it to Broadway! Jolie has been singing since she was two years old and it didn't take long to discover she has the gift of perfect pitch. Even when she was singing Winnie the Pooh songs, we knew there was something to that sweet voice! Jolie likes performing in plays and has an awesome chorus at school which she has been very active in since 6th grade.

Jolie is taking guitar lessons from a boy in the neighborhood. Jolie has had a few boyfriends this year but claims it's best to be single so she "can flirt with everyone!" She is so bubbly and has shed a lot of her shyness this year.

Jolie is another set of helpful hands and is every parents' dream when it comes to helping with chores. She has the best attitude and likes to get things done right. Middle school has been a breeze and I hope she will continue on her winning streak when it comes to high school, when it really counts!

1 comment:

The Ashment Family said...

Abi,
I loved reading the posts about all of the kiddos. I am so glad that you started a blog so I can keep up with y'all more!

I am so sorry about the loss of your Father. I wish I could have made it to the funeral with my Mom and Kara but it just didn't work out.

Tell Sydney I know how it feels to struggle with a learning disability. Mine was nameless and I believe that I was able to work through it. I think that some of the brightest people are people that have had to struggle in this way.
Love y'all,
Kayleen