Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Adrian

Adrian has been my sweetheart for over 8 years now. We first met on a blind date. We had a few phone conversations which lasted hours before we actually met face to face. He knew I was a single mother and I am so glad that didn't scare him off! I also informed him that I didn't let any of my dates meet my girls, so it was out of the question when he asked if he could meet them before our date.

Well, when he picked me up at my apartment with a dozen red roses and candy, and that warm smile, (plus he smelled really divine) and he looked so hot....well, let's just say he swept me right of my feet!

Our first date was going so well that I didn't want it to ever end. So we went out on a second date right after the first one, just minutes later. I did not want him to drive me home yet! And after that, I still couldn't get enough of him so I told him to sleep on my sofa since it was after midnight and I didn't want him to have to drive an hour home so late. I told him we could go pick up Jolie and Sydney (then ages 3 and 5) the next morning and go to the mountains for a picnic!

Man, I was so forward! He reminded me of my declaration of not letting any men meeting my girls, but I just had to throw caution to the wind, I guess!

When he finally left after the longest date ever, I promptly called the three other guys I was dating and told them not to call me any more because I had found "the one!"

Adrian wouldn't even kiss me on our first date! He was such a gentleman.

6 weeks after we first met, we got engaged!! He proposed at the stroke of midnight on the Gainesville square at the count down to the year 2000 with Jolie and Sydney by my side. Fire works were blasting off and people were screaming, "Happy New Year!" as I said, "YES!!!"

We married 6 weeks after that! Yep, we were married after three months of knowing each other. When you know, you know, ya know?

A year later, we had Fischer and 6 months after that, Jolie and Sydney's adoption came through! Two years after that, we managed on a wing and a prayer to build our own house debt free with much of Adrian's blood, sweat and tears! A year later came Mollie and 18 months later came Nicholas!

It has definitely been a whirlwind romance! It isn't always easy! Being married with five children is very challenging...but I wouldn't change a thing. I love my husband. I am the luckiest girl on the planet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...reading this gave me chills. I love reading your thoughts. Does this make up for our lack of phone conversations? No. But I feel closer to your already. Keep writing my dear! I love you Abi Abby Abigail Cutchshaw!
Cynthia

Melissa said...

Okay...
As much as the post about helping Jolie with her project and all domestic engineers (moms) do with NO THANKS made me chuckle with rememberance, then I read the post about Adrian and start to cry. At work. In public.
Ya'll both deserve the happiness that you've have. I'm so glad you found each other.
I love y'all.
Melissa