Saturday, May 3, 2008

Boompa

My heart is broken, but I am trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other. My dad passed away on April 24, 2008. I miss him so much. The past month has been terrible, as we had to let go and let God take him home. Once I stopped resisting the truth of what was happening, my eyes were opened to such beauty. I can only compare the feeling to the miracle I witnessed each time my five children were born. Death is a lot like birth. It is equally as miraculous and glorious. But it is so shattering at the same time. It is so tough. If you ask my two year old son, Nicholas where Boompa is, he points to his chest and says, "heart." Although I miss him being here where I can see him, I do feel him in my heart. Daddy was such an amazing man. He was so special. I will miss him every day.

2 comments:

Opp Family said...

You did such a fabulous job doing the eulogy - I could not have done that myself it takes way too much emotional strength!

I am so happy to see you have a blog - I LOVE blogging and I LOVE The Cutchshaws!

Madison Roberts said...

Abby - you truly helped me deal with Boompa's passing by giving me closure with that magnificent eulogy. Thank you so much for that, and I love you!