Saturday, October 31, 2009

Swept Off My Feet

Today is the 10th anniversary of the day I met Adrian. Jolie was 5 years old and Sydney was 3. A couple at church had been known to set Adrian up on blind dates from time to time. He was 40 years old and had never been married. When they found out at church that I needed a nice date to the Cotillion, they told me about their friend. They wrote down my number and gave it to Adrian.

Now, Adrian was not looking for a date. In fact, he was going through a really tough time during the short months that followed the very tragic death of his brother. When George and Margaret gave him my number and told them how sweet I was (wink wink...little did they know, right?) Adrian said he figured what the heck, he really needed to get out and have some fun. It would be good for his soul.

The night he called me was Halloween. I asked him to call me back later so I could take the girls out trick or treating. He called back at 9:00 and we ended up talking for about 2 hours! We clicked right away and he made me laugh so hard. I think I fell in love with him during that conversation. I knew Adrian was going to be my new best friend.

Well, the rest is history, as they say. We went on our first date the following week. We got engaged 6 weeks later and then married 6 weeks after that. When you know, you know, you know?

A year later we had Fischer and Adrian adopted Jolie and Sydney. Then came Mollie and 18 months later, Nicholas. We have been through many, many ups and several heart crushing downs. But through it all, I still feel exactly like I did the first time I ever met him....totally swept off my feet.

No comments: