Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Raise Your Hand if You Love Adrian

Whew! I feel like I have come back to the real world now. What an awful, scary feeling to feel so lost and discombobulated! I am feeling much, much better...just in time to focus on my sick children. Yes, we've got sick children now.

When it rains, it pours. Last night, Adrian drove us to Walmart to the Red Box to rent a movie. Thought it would be good for the soul to have a brief outing. Jolie and Sydney (mainly Sydney since Jolie is still a space cadet from her concussion) babysat Fischer and Mollie for a little bit and Adrian and I were out the door.

As soon as we came home, we saw both Jolie and Sydney on the front porch crying. I thought maybe the little kids locked them out. As we come closer, there is vomit on the porch! Jolie is totally panicked as she had just gotten so dizzy, she had fallen into a wall. (There were 57 messages on Adrian's cell phone which happened to run out of battery charge...go figure!)

We walk inside and Mollie is standing in our room totally naked. There is diarrhea every where. Fischer is laying on the sofa looking about as pale as a ghost. There is vomit all over the down stairs leaving quite a trail from his room to the bath room.

Fischer continued to throw up all evening but thanks to Phenergan, he eventually stopped and fell asleep all night.

I cleaned up the mess upstairs while Adrian cleaned the downstairs. Bless his heart. He is by far the most injured from the wreck and there he was doing what he does best which is taking care of his family. He has been the one doing all the driving and care taking around here and still taking care of his mother, running all her errands. I know he's been hurting so badly, but he doesn't complain. He just stays focused on all of us instead.

Yesterday at the doctor, Adrian's blood pressure was sky high as it was in the E.R. and he had to have a EKG. The doctor said it was a response to all the pain and stress. He is now on blood pressure medication.

I feel normal today which isn't saying a whole lot. I still have a funny taste in my mouth and my head is still achey and my back is sore, but all in all I would say I am on the mend. Which is good because now, I can finally take care of my sweet husband and children!

Adrian, you really are an amazing man and I am the luckiest person in the world that 10 years ago this month, you would pick me to be your girl! Raise your hand if you love Adrian and say a special prayer for his health.

2 comments:

Sherri Head said...

OMG Abi! I know you gotta laugh or you will cry! My prayers are with ya'll to have speedy recovery's in every area needed in your bodies! Love you chickie!

Melissa said...

Wow! I had no idea things were still so bad. I get one version from Adrian and another from Mama and I just figure the truth is somewhere in the middle. I guess this is one instance when Mama's version is closer to being on target. I've been praying for y'all. I wish we lived closer!