Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Poem 2010











T’was just weeks before Christmas and all through my thoughts,
Is a whole lot of nothing ‘cause my memory is just shot.
I have two brain cells left in my brain,
Thanks to my family who has made me insane.
This year we went to the beach twice with all 7 of us, it was so grand,
But while traveling, I contemplated running away or just jumping out of the van.
Mollie was learning to whistle, Jolie and Sydney wanted to listen to rap,
Fischer sang 100 rounds of the diarrhea song while I tried to read the map.
Nicholas had an explosion in his diaper and Adrian was trying to drive,
I vowed to never travel again as long as we made it alive.
But oh, what a time we had once we got to Fripp,
Fischer caught a 5 foot barracuda on a deep sea fishing trip!
We swam and biked along with my sisters, their families, and my mama,
We stayed up late, played games, cooked, and frolicked in our pajamas.
Always wear your sunscreen, ‘cause when we got home we had a scary discovery,
Sydney had a spot, it was atypical, and was removed by a doctor of dermatology.
And speaking of doctors, this year we’ve sure visited a few,
Trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with our kids, well, at least two.
Sydney went to a neurologist; Nicholas went to an endocrinologist,
And after many trips to Emory, I think I need a psychiatrist!
Nicholas has stopped growing; he’s two or three years behind,
But if you traveled around the world looking, not a sweeter 4 year old you would find.
And boy is he smart at certain things like computers and fixing things mechanical,
He is in preschool but is heading to M.I.T. He really is incredible.
Mollie is 6 and is quite the charmer with her witty and clever ways,
She’s smart as a whip, too much for her own good, but makes me laugh every day.
Jolie is the only girl in the Chess Club and is still involved with Thespians and singing,
She is sweet 16, a junior in high school, and of graduation she is dreaming.
Sydney started a new school called Ava White Academy this fall,
She’s is doing so well, I believe it’s my reward for not killing her when she was small.
Fischer is 9 and pretty soon he’ll be taller than me, he’s such a wonderful young man,
He’s fascinated with science and books and is constantly learning all that he can.
And then there is Adrian, the love of my life who sticks by me through all of this,
Architecture is still going slowly, if only he could get paid to fish.
Adrian’s new hobbies include: rolling sushi, gardening, preserving, and canning,
He has plans to focus more on his art work, his oil paintings are outstanding.
“Finding Hope the Journey of a Battered Wife” is my newest book published this year,
I’ve been doing lots of public speaking about domestic violence live, on TV, and on air.
I still write my weekly newspaper advice column called Ask Lula Belle,
If you need any help, just write me a question and send in an e mail.
I have ventured on to a Children’s TV show and am in the midst of shooting the pilot,
With my partner Jordan White we have created a terrific show so funny it’s a riot.
The whole family is involved from acting, set design, singing, and puppets,
It’s called “Pickle Street” and is inspired by Mister Rogers and the Muppets.
Though I stay so busy and I sometimes feel like I am going to lose my mind,
I think of all I am grateful for and it gives me hope that everything’s going to be fine.
I never believe these annual poems will get written but it looks like I’ve done it again,
I am happy to share our news and wish a Merry Christmas to all our family and friends!

2 comments:

Diane said...

You never seem to amaze me! What an awesome Christmas Poem this year. Enjoyed it so much! Diane

Sherri Head said...

Love the Christmas Poem, you amaze me with all that you go thru, what a gift God has given you to write about it all with such style!

Love you guys!

Sherri