Friday, November 13, 2009

Mollie's Christmas List Part 2

Scroll down to Mollie's Christmas list and read the first part of the story before you read this post to get the full picture.

So, yesterday evening, I said, "Mollie, we really need to write Santa a letter so you can tell him what you want. And I know you really would like a real Native American or an almost dead baby, but I called Santa and told him about it and he said he couldn't give you either of those things. I also told him you would settle for a fluffy white dog but he said he was all out of dogs this year. So, I want you to think of something else, a toy or something, for him to give you. Here is a piece of paper so you can write it down and we can mail it in an envelope. OK?"

And so, Mollie sighed and said, "Well, if I can't have those things that I really, really want, I guess he could just bring me fruit salad."

"Huh?"

"Fruit salad! It's may favorite."

"What about a toy?"

"I already have toys! I don't have any fruit salad!" Mollie exclaimed as she crossed her arms and did a mighty big huffy breath at me.

"All right, all right. You can ask him for fruit salad but will you be sad if all your friends get new Barbies and games and all you get is a fruit salad?"

"I will just tell Santa he can bring me whatever he wants but if he doesn't bring me a fruit salad, I will be sad."

"OK."

"But I still want a Native American."

1 comment:

becca said...

It reads just like a Judy Blume novel! Super Fudge, Ramona Quimby, and Mollie!