Friday, July 18, 2008

The Shack

I have recently read The Shack by William P. Young. The book illustrates something hard to explain in a very unique, simple and yet beautiful way. I was really touched by this story.

The story is about a man who goes through a horrible tragedy and meets God. (I'm not giving anything away here, it's on the back of the book!) I am now reading the book to Jolie and Sydney (ages 14 and 12) every night as their bed time story. (We just finished Are You There God, It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume..what a classic!)

I know I am blessed to have such a dynamic, interesting group of family and friends who come from a variety of faith backgrounds and religions. After reading this book, I honestly don't think anyone would be offended by it. I hope you get a chance to read it!

No comments: